Hariri Center Director Michele Dunne and Senior Fellow Amy Hawthorne reflect on US policy toward the Middle East and North Africa in the two years since President Barack Obama promised to make it a top priority to support democracy and human rights in the region.
J. Peter Pham, director the Atlantic Council’s Michael S. Ansari Africa Center, was one of four experts invited to address a high-level international conference on the crisis in the Sahel region convened today in The Hague.
Rudolph Atallah, senior fellow in the Atlantic Council’s Michael S. Ansari Africa Center, testified at a House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs hearing on “The Growing Crisis in Africa’s Sahel Region.”
On the heels of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s visit to the United States, Energy & Environment Program Associate Director Mihaela Carstei joins CTV to discuss the Keystone Pipeline project that would transport tar sands oil from Canada and the northern United States to refineries in the Gulf coast of Texas.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Atlantic Council’s individual membership program provides an opportunity for individuals committed to the Atlantic community, and its leadership in tackling global challenges, to be more directly involved with the Council’s activities and network. By joining the Atlantic Council, members help support our work and new initiatives, while joining a broad community of influence dedicated to promoting US and European leadership around the world.
Currently, the individual membership program includes nearly 500 individuals with diverse perspectives, bound by a common interest in transatlantic cooperation, including more than forty sitting ambassadors and more than thirty chief executive officers, as well as numerous foreign and US government officials, senior military leadership, academics, journalists, and leaders in the business, legal, financial, and nonprofit sectors.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Invitation to the Annual Members’ Conference
- Invitations to quarterly member events and monthly teleconference briefings
- Priority access to more than 200 public Council events each year and invitations to additional events based on member expertise and interest
- Invitation to the Annual Awards Dinner and other Atlantic Council flagship events*
- Complimentary copies of Atlantic Council publications (upon request)
- President’s monthly update on the Council’s activities
RECENT MEMBERS' PROGRAMMING
In addition to the Annual Members’ Conference, Council members also receive special invitations to monthly conference calls and quarterly roundtables.
- April 17, 2013 - Members' Conference Call - Cyprus and the Eurozone
- November 8, 2012 - Members' Conference Call - NATO Priorities after the Election
- October 22, 2012 - Members' Roundtable - Financial Reform: Finishing the Job
- October 2, 2012 - Members' Conference Call - Dispatch from Tbilisi: Parliamentary Election Results and What They Mean
- May 21, 2012 – Members’ Conference Call – Dispatch from Chicago: A Debrief of the 2012 NATO Summit
- May 9, 2012 - Members' Roundtable - Keys to Prosperity: The Dynamics of Stability, Security, and Economics in South Asia
- May 8, 2012 – Members’ Conference Call - Will the ‘Merkozy’ Economic Strategy Survive the French Elections?
- March 8, 2012 - Members' Conference Call - Making Sense of "Super Tuesday": Understanding the US Republican Primary Race and Beyond
- February 24, 2012 - Members' Roundtable - Uncertain Horizons: NATO's Balancing Act in the Months Ahead
- January 11, 2012 - Members’ Conference Call - Repercussions of Developments in Nigeria for U.S. Interests and Regional Stability
- December 1, 2011 - Members’ Conference Call - The Endgame: Can Fiscal Integration Save the Euro?
- November 30, 2011 - Members’ Conference Call - Dispatch from Port Said: An Observer’s Perspective on Egypt’s Pivotal Elections
- September 16, 2011 - Third Annual Members’ Conference – The Future of the West: Atlanticism at Risk?
- September 17, 2010 - Second Annual Members’ Conference
- September 25, 2009 - First Annual Members’ Conference
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
Membership in the Council is by invitation only. Interested individuals must be nominated by a current or former Atlantic Council Board Director, a current Atlantic Council program director or member of the executive leadership, or a current Atlantic Council individual member. Nominations are reviewed quarterly.
For questions regarding individual membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On May 30, the Atlantic Council’s South Asia Center will release a new issue brief, The Kaleidoscope Turns Again in a Crisis-Challenged Iran, a discussion of Iran’s upcoming presidential elections.
From June 13-14, the 2013 Wrocław Global Forum will bring together over 350 top policy-makers and business leaders to explore the region’s impact as an actor in Europe, as well as its crucial role in the transatlantic partnership and on the global stage.