Rudolph Atallah, senior fellow in the Atlantic Council’s Michael S. Ansari Africa Center, testified at a House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs hearing on “The Growing Crisis in Africa’s Sahel Region.”
On the heels of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s visit to the United States, Energy & Environment Program Associate Director Mihaela Carstei joins CTV to discuss the Keystone Pipeline project that would transport tar sands oil from Canada and the northern United States to refineries in the Gulf coast of Texas.
Copyrights: All original material is copyrighted by The Atlantic Council of the United States and the individual author. Copyrights to materials quoted from other sources remain with their original owner. Permission to quote excerpts is granted with the proviso that credit must be given and, where practicable, hyperlinked back to the URL containing the post.
Commenting: Because this site provides straightforward news summaries without analysis, we do not provide for reader commenting. We invite those interested in discussing transatlantic politics to join us at our companion analysis blog, New Atlanticist.
The editor can be contacted at address listed on the Contact page. The content of these messages, including the identity of the sender, is presumed for publication unless otherwise requested.
DCMA Compliance Notice: The Atlantic Council of the United States will process notices of alleged infringement which it receives and will take appropriate actions as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Council's Designated Agent.
Name/Contact Information of Designated Agent:
- Managing Editor
Mailing Address: 1101 15th Street NW, 11th Floor, Washington DC 20005
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C., Sect. 512(c)(3))
- 1. Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online side are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.